Summer School Credit Courses
Extreme CALM/Phys Ed 10
This program provides activities that will enhance curriculum objectives for PE 10 and CALM with First Aid and outdoor education CTS credits. The first week students will spend 1/2 days at Lakeland Ridge School for lecture and activities. Staying four nights at Strathcona Wilderness Centre (SWC) during the second week, students will participate in wilderness living skills, canoeing, orienteering, outdoor fitness activities and a variety of team building and leadership development activities.
The activity fee includes:
- Four nights accommodations at SWC (Lodge is dormitory style - genders will be separated by floors)
- Guiding/instruction for programs, and all group equipment
- Meals during the four night stay at SWC.
Over the course of five days at SWC, students will have the opportunity to:
- Apply concepts learned through the CALM and PE 10 curriculum, utilizing
outdoor education activities as the medium;
- Experience a variety of outdoor activities in a safe and supportive environment;
- Experience leadership from both a leader and group member perspective
- Experience group development and team building concepts;
- Develop an understanding of care and protection of the environment;
- Develop proficiency in a variety of outdoor skills including lake canoeing, hiking and
- Develop an interdependent relationship between themselves and other individuals and
between themselves and the environment;
- On the final day they will have the opportunity to partake in a biathalon (optional).
Students are to be dropped off at SWC on Monday and picked up from SWC on Friday. Don't miss out on this one of a kind hands-on learning experience. Space is limited to 24 students; be sure to register early!
- Course Fee: $0 (no fee)
- Activity Fee: $580
NOTE: Fees are adjusted in the Shopping Cart.
There are currently no classes scheduled.
Please contact us if you are interested in this course.