Summer School Update
It was announced May 22 that all EIPS Summer School classes for 2020 will be online. In order to best support students, please carefully read the following information.
Additional Registration Requirements for 2020
- Students must be CURRENT EIPS students. This is because of connectivity, online security and registration processes. If your child is registered in another division, please contact that division about their summer programming or if they have partnered with another division. Current applicants who are not currently EIPS students must contact us now to withdraw and receive a full refund.
- Pre-requisite course requirement: In consultation with Alberta Education and our Executive team here at EIPS, if there is a pre-requisite course needed for the student’s summer class (ex. Social 20-1 to prepare for Social 30-1), that pre-requisite must be successfully completed by June 24, 2020. You may apply for the course now but final approval of your registration will not happen until that date. Note: we will be contacting only the students who do NOT pass their pre-requisite to inform them they have been withdrawn.
Class Structure and Student Expectations for 2020
- All classes will be through EIPS Google Classroom. Students must be current EIPS students to connect.
- There will not be any onsite/classroom activities or labs.
- Students must provide their own technology, with active microphone and camera. Continuing Education does not have technology to lend.
- Each class will cover the complete General Outcomes and Alberta Education curricula (80 hours of instruction). Approximately one week of work in a regular semester is covered every day in Summer School.
- Students will be online and engaged in learning 4.5 – 5 hours/day.
- Assessments must be completed and submitted when due.
- Students must attend class every day through classroom discussions, check ins, or other attendance methods.
- Failure to meet the assessment and attendance requirements will indicate that the student has chosen to drop the course and will be withdrawn.
For 30-Level Courses
At the time of this posting, Alberta Education has scheduled Diploma Exams for August and 30% of the student’s final mark is determined by the Diploma Exam. Please check their website for the schedule or any announcements regarding the exams.
If You Wish to Withdraw or Change Your Registration
Please contact us as soon as possible to ensure that we are able to process your request.